Continuing our ‘meet the peeps’ series where you get to know the people who are doing amazing things at SLANT, we introduce Chris Edington, otherwise known inside SLANT HQ as Nighthawk (don’t ask).
Nighthawk’s role of Design Intelligence places him in the pivotal role of where a lot of our design work begins. Chris gets the theoretical ball of creative goodness rolling for the rest of the team. From there, the collaborative effort (or knife fight, depending on the topic) really gets moving.
Chris will be gracing the SLANTASTIC blog with his thoughts over the next few weeks. So before he does, here’s a few things you should know about him...
- Born and Raised in Wake Forest, North Carolina
- Served 4 years in the United State Coast Guard where he sailed with the USCGC Gallatin, interdicting those cocaine smugglers coming out of Venezuela and Colombia, along with various other missions, like Search and Rescue and Migrant Smuggling.
- Has a guilty pleasure of Spongebob Squarepants and Bob Ross, and isn’t the least bit embarrassed by it.
- Avid sports fan: Including the Carolina Tarheels, Carolina Panthers and Cleveland Indians. (Don’t judge).
- Plays locally in a face-melting, sometimes inappropriate duo called Rawberry Jam.
- Loves Typography... almost as much as he love Spongebob...